Sunday, January 6, 2013

Project Doodle (Day1-6)

As I said, one of my resolutions was to draw something every day using this Random Word Generator, so here is what I've accomplished in the first six days.  I kind of lost momentum around day three (good start), but I made up for it later.  I realized that it's not very likely that I'm going to be able to do this project every day, so I re-adjusted my guidelines a little bit:

Project Doodle:

  • Draw 365 doodles throughout 2013 (doesn't have to be one a day)
  • Doodles in class may count
  • Only count doodles with a one-word-theme

This way, I can make a bunch of doodles in one day if I know I'm going to be busy in the future.  I actually got this idea from this tumblr entry by Trevor Van As.  He does something exactly like this called "Project Daily" (I couldn't think of a less similar name for mine..) where he makes a character in Illustrator every day and posts it by a certain time on his blog.  He has continued to run this project for over 600 days, which sounds insane, but maybe I will grow to love this project that much as well.  We'll see.
Day1 - Muck
"A Schmuck Covered in Muck."
Day2 - Imagination
"Bonjour. Je m'appelle Kangaroo. Parlez plus lentement, s'il vous plait."
Day3 - Compulsive
"I wore my argyle pants today. Things are gonna get wild."
Day4 - Glad
Day5 - Fiver
"Hey, Hey There! Gimmie a Fiver!"
Day6 - Volume
I'm thinking about finding a new random word generator, because this one is boring and sucks.  Fiver.  Really?

No comments:

Post a Comment