Sunday, February 17, 2013

Project Doodle (Day40-42)

I'd like to start this off by addressing all the people who have commented on this blog.  I just recently noticed that there is a "comment" button and a "reply" button on this thing, so if you have never received a response from me it is probably because I've been commenting instead of replying this whole time... I swear I read/appreciate/respond to all of your comments!  I just still don't understand how the internet works.

Anyway, lately I've been working with the idea of making random forms with color and turning them into something recognizable.  Since I make most of these doodles between class or while I'm studying, I had to use what was on me, which was highlighters and permanent marker.  I'm hoping to upgrade my supplies for my next couple doodles, but for now here is Day 40-42:
Day40 - Airhead
Day41 - Hat
Day42 - Sunflowers
So I think I had my Post-Impressionism through Surrealism class on the brain while I made these last two, because they bare a striking resemblance to these two paintings:
Doodle 41 inspiration - Woman with the Hat, by Matisse, 1905, oil on canvas
Doodle 42 inspiration - Sunflowers, by Vincent van Gogh, 1888, oil on canvas
Okay, so I definitely looked at the Matisse painting when I drew that doodle.

No comments:

Post a Comment