Monday, February 29, 2016

Nature Photos - Wabasso Causeway

Since drawing has been more of a job than a hobby for me lately, I thought I'd get back into photography and make it my stress-free creative outlet.  I've had this huge list of parks and reserves around Sebastian/Vero that I want to visit saved in my phone for years, and I've decided to finally tackle it with a photography project!

This is my list of nature spots to hit (if you guys know any other places not on this list, let me know!):

  • Causeways (any)
  • Pelican Island National Wildlife Refuge
  • Oslo Riverfront Conservation Area
  • Captain Forester's Hammock Preserve
  • Lagoon Greenway
  • St. Sebastian Preserve State Park
  • Indian River Aquatic Reserve
  • Leroy Wright Recreation Area
  • Ft. Drum Marsh Conservation Area
  • Savana's Preserve State Park

Last weekend I went to the Wabasso Causeway with my fam to catch the sunset, and it was a pretty gorgeous evening.  We saw dolphins, a great blue heron, and a northern gannet!  It was sick ufortunately (which is common to see during this time when birds are migrating south), but it was still awesome to see this beautiful bird that can dive up to 60mph from 140ft in the air (crazy!!) this close up.

via
via
via
via
via


I took a bunch of pictures with my Sony NEX-3 and my new iPhone 6 (finally upgraded after five years with my 4S).  And after stating that I own these two things, I feel like a pampered princess for saying this, but I would really like to upgrade to a DSLR in the future... I hate myself.

Anyways, here are the pics I took on my Sony!



And here are the pics from my iPhone!  The colors and quality aren't as realistic as my camera, but since I don't have a giant lens, my phone is way better at catching shots of animals and things from far away.  Especially that northern gannet!




And of course, I needed to take pics of my PUPS:



Next installment of "Nature Photos": Pelican Island National Wildlife Refuge!

No comments:

Post a Comment