Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Paris Sketches - Scorpions (Part2), Églises et Sculptures

After two more visits with the illustrators and some Photoshop adjustments at home, I now have a full scorpion drawing!  Well, it would be full if had drawn the rest of its legs... but just imagine they're there for now.
Cephalothorax of scorpion in Pen and Ink
Tail of scorpion in Pen and Ink
Full scorpion put together and edited in Photoshop

For my next visit, I get to bring in whatever I want to draw.  Since it's been rainy/freezing/disgusting for the past month here, I have managed to find one fully intact leaf and a misshapen feather outside... so we'll see how that works out.

Aside from the scorpion, here are other random sketches I've been working on:
copy of a scorpion painting (yes, another scorpion drawing)
"Psyche Being Revived by Cupid's Kiss" by Canova, at Musee du Louvre
(left)"Les premieres funerailles" by Louis Ernst Barrias, at the Petit Palais --- (right) Interior of Cathedrale Alexandre Nevsky de Paris

No comments:

Post a Comment