Friday, October 12, 2012

Final Projects and Horror

So I finished two projects this week. Project 1) Muscle Man

Fun fact, I tore his face in half when I tried to rip it out of my paper pad... No amount of duct tape on the back could mend my shattered heart.

And Project 2) The Andy Warhol Project, or Maddy Warhol

Rectangle combo - Red-Orange, Yellow-Orange, Blue, Violet
Triangle combo - Yellow-Green, Blue-Violet, Red-Orange
Square combo - Blue-Green, Violet, Yellow, Red-Orange
mounted on black paper
I wish she could understand that she has been immortalized.

Finally, these last few pictures are what have been going on in my Figure Drawing class lately.  We're moving away from anatomical studies now and onto lighting and facial features.  Have I mentioned how much I love this class?

extreme lighting study - 20-30min sketch done with vine charcoal
20min sketch done with vine charcoal
 

Didn't mean to make her look like the Joker in that last one.


And in honor of October, and the opening weekend of Sinister (I. CAN'T. WAIT.), I think it's fitting to show some disturbing art in this post.  I usually tab artists' websites on my computer when I stumble upon someone interesting, and after looking through my bookmarks today, I've realized that I like really creepy stuff.  Although some of these pieces probably weren't intended to be frightening, there's just something about the repetition/blurring of body parts that makes me feel uneasy.

Get ready to get your pants scared off.
Mother, 2009, pastel on paper, by Stephan Balleux
Head of Fisher Stevens 2, 2007, magic-sculpt on aluminum, by Chambliss Giobbi
Nude by Lucas, 2010, collage, by Lola Dupre
Summer Games II, acrylic and colored pencils, by Alexandra Levasseur
Lure #1, 2006, colored pencil on paper, by Julia Randall
Lamb, graphite on paper, by Allison Sommers
Grody Deets, 2012, oil on panel, by Christian Rex van Minnen

Links:

Stephan Balleux
Chambliss Giobbi
Lola Dupre
Alexandra Levasseur
Julia Randall (again, I know)
Allison Sommers
Christian Rex van Minnen

No comments:

Post a Comment