Friday, July 6, 2012

Organism Project (Dragonfly - Part2)

It's been a week since my last post and I have not met my goal yet (of course), but I figured I would post what I have so far.  Here is my second dragonfly done in ink, color pen and color pencil:

Flamboyant Dragonfly - ink, color pen, color pencil
I took some pictures of it while making it, because it's pretty cool to look back and see the process of a piece of art.  So here is this drawing's journey through time and space:





It is safe to say I never want to draw dragonfly wings ever again. EVER.

Side note: Looking back at these reminds me of the show Spaced, because it's all I've been watching for the past week, and moments of that show have embedded themselves into the millions of tiny lines in this dragonfly's wings.  Spaced was where the cast of Shaun of the Dead first met, if that gives you an inclination toward HOW GREAT THIS SHOW IS.  If you have Netflix instant streaming, stop whatever it is you are doing and watch it.


Anyway, I have started a third piece, I just haven't finished it.  I'm trying my best to finish it by the end of the week, but here is a preview in the meantime:



Dragonfly Apocalypse - charcoal

And a doodle and a picture:



Melting - pen
dragonfly on a bench (I drew this... just kidding)

No comments:

Post a Comment